It is necessary to have a mobile number linked to your Aadhaar. The reason why you should link your mobile number with your Aadhaar is that all secure online authentication happens through OTP sent to the number registered with your Aadhaar card.
Updating your demographic details in your Aadhaar card becomes quite easy if you have mentioned your mobile number at the time of enrolment. In such cases, the process can be completed through online mode.
But if you had not given your mobile number at the time of enrollment or if your mobile number has changed then you will not be able to add your mobile number through SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) portal.
In such a situation, let’s see what you can do.
Steps to link your mobile number or email ID with your Aadhaar card
Following are the steps to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar or change your mobile number:
- Visit a Permanent Enrollment Center. You can locate a Permanent Enrollment Center near you through UIDAI’s ‘Locate an Enrollment/Update Centre’ webpage. Visit the following webpage: ” https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx “
- You will need to place a request with an operator at the Enrollment Center.
- The operator will fill out the application form.
- If there is a need to verify documents, the verification will be done by a verifier or verifier appointed by UIDAI, registrants present at the Enrollment or Update Centre.
- The operator will then enter the details in the client software.
- After that, your biometric details will be verified.
- After that, it will be confirmed by the operator and his supervisor.
- You will get an Acknowledgment Receipt. This receipt will contain the Update Request Number (URN). You can track your Aadhaar using this number.
There are 3 ways to help you update the information which is as follows:
1. Update Client Standard
- Fields that can be updated: All biometric and demographic fields including local language.
Authentication of Identity: Biometric Verification.
Document Verification :
- Fields requiring document verification will be verified.
This verification is done by a verifier appointed by UIDAI, registrants at the Enrollment or Update Centre.
The work of verification will be done as per the guidelines prepared by the suggestions of the DDSVP committee.
- Form Filling and Acknowledgment :
- A form will be filled by the operator on the update client and a biometric signature will be provided for each request for an update.
You will get an acknowledgment receipt with a URN number using which you can track your Aadhaar.
2. Update Client Lite (UCL)
- Fields that can be updated: All demographic fields, the local language, and your photo.
Authentication of Identity: Biometric Authentication.
Document Verification :
- Verification of documents will be done for those fields for which verification is required.
This work will be done by a verifier who is appointed by UIDAI. This can also be done by the Registrars present at the Enrollment or Update Centre.
- All the verification will be done as per the suggestions of the DDSVP committee.
- Acknowledgments These receipts
- Updates A form will be filled by the operator on the client and all updates will also include a biometric signature from the operator.
After this is done, you will get an Acknowledgment Receipt. This receipt contains the URN number using which you can track your Aadhaar.
3. Updating through AUA (Authentication User Agency) presence point
- Fields that can be updated: Demographic fields.
- Identity Authentication: Biometric Authentication. However, UIDAI may also use other means of authentication. This may also involve sending an OTP to your mobile number.
- Verification of Documents: Based on the verification of the Registrar, the documents will be accepted by UIDAI.
- Acknowledgment and form filling
- This will be done by the registrar’s operator on a machine with a biometric authentication feature (Micro-ATM).
- The Acknowledgment Receipt can be a printout or can be in the form of an SMS or email depending on the type of request. For example, a request to update a mobile phone number may result in the URN being sent to your mobile via SMS.
- For more information, you may visit the following webpage of UIDAI regarding updating of details: https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/about-your-aadhaar/updating-data-on-aadhaar. HTML.
- By linking your mobile number with your Aadhaar card, it becomes extremely easy to add or change other details in the future.
Internal link – a2znew